View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2020, 14:26 (Ref:3952745)   #6
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One circuit which always seems to be bypassed these days is Thruxton . Living in the southwest it's very frustrating to see championship after championship producing a calendar based largely in the Midlands apart from a visit to Brands .

I've seen some wonderful single seater racing over the years at Thruxton , not just Formula Three but Formulas 1 , 2 , 3000 , 5000 etc . I was hoping the BRSCC meeting might see the National Formula Ford championship pay a visit but no , its Caterhams , BMWs and TCRs only .

Okay so the last visit of the GTs was chaotic due the narrow pit lane ( it certainly mixed the order up ! ) so have separate races for Pros and Ams without pit stops . Thruxton is a great circuit which would allow the GTs to be used to their full potential .

Is the problem that Thruxton is too far off the beaten track ? Surely not as it's not far from either the M3 or M4 with the A303 running straight past the circuit . Sadly the only single seater races I can see being held this year at Thruxton are the Formula 4 races at the BTCC meeting .

With the Classic Formula Fords and Clubmans both going from the BARC to MSVR ( and Sports 2000 although that wasn't a BARC championship ) it seems the chance of seeing Single Seater , Sports Racing and GT cars at Thruxton ( apart from those on the BTCC schedule ) is unlikely in the near future . Never mind at least the Monopostos are visiting Castle Combe in July .