Thread: Tech Issue Pirelli-The Tyre Story..
View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2013, 22:59 (Ref:3209371)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
In defence of Pirelli they produce new tyres every year to keep the teams on their toes. If they produced the same tyre every season the races could become too predictable, think back to the Bridgestone years.

At least with Pirelli the tyres present a challange to both the drivers and the teams.

Next year with new engines then we will have a whole new challange.
I do quite like that challenge, not quite as pure as full freedom of reg. However if we can't have that (and I understand the reasons why), then this provides a challenge. Same for everyone and not tailored to suit one team, intentionally.

I too am bored of tyre stories. This is how it is, where is the story for those that get it? Two compounds each race and the team needs to get the best out of it. Bring on Melbourne...