View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2019, 02:53 (Ref:3891237)   #6403
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
I'm kinda new so please correct me if I'm wrong about something, you guys are quite knowledgeable about this stuff. But...

I've been reading up on this and a few weeks ago I was carefully reading the proposal for the 2020 regulations, and I kind of liked it. Sure, big compromise compared to what we have now but certainly some interesting things. GTP-looking cars with powerful (and freely designed!) engines and a beefy hybrid system sounded pretty good to me. I also liked the fact that road derived engines and ERS would be allowed under certain conditions. If Toyota and one or two other manufacturers would have signed up for that I would have been quite happy!

But now it seems that's all out of the window, in favor of... what exactly? Reading the above it seems like the ACO just got tired of negotiating and are just going for numbers only. They want 5 manufacturers on the grid and don't care what they bring, they'll 'just BoP it'. If that comes to pass I will be very, very disappointed I may even lose interest in Le Mans completely. BoP ruins it for me, I know lots of people enjoy it but I don't. I could explain why but I've rambled on way too long already!
I hope not. Just bring whatever and let the aco/fia balance it is ridiculous and a farce imo. What's the point of regulations if that's the case? I don't believe they'll go that far but hopefully there's some good news in all of this. I think if there's regulations on weight dimensions power output and a soft limit on the aero efficiency numbers then that could work. But bop? I thought success ballast was pretty far out there, bop is even further.