View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2019, 21:58 (Ref:3891432)   #6409
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excuse me, but those who watch racing because of constructors' competition, - what they should do? Since its creation motor racing had always been a playing ground for different experiments, brilliant ideas and clever reading of the Technical regulations. Maybe some had "unfair advantage", but it was the Nature law. It was a real Life. Why nobody wants to save at least a tiny bit of constructors' championship - there're already tons of mono classes to watch (if anybody still believe that there's any form of tech equality there).
I've written it so many times, but, FIA have destroyed sportscar (and formulae) racing by eliminating a natural constructors' ladder throughout different classes. New breed of engineers have nowhere to go to test their ideas. It's no wonder that WEC had to drop constructions' battles and use BoP - they just do not have enough engineers to work in a competitive, real world; so they need some "greenhouse" conditions only to please marketing departments. And I should say advertising people were much clever some 20-30 years ago, as, for example Ford Sierra still associated with racing breed. Even Volvo (from ETCC) does as they compete with BMW and Jaguars in the same open world conditions. Do anybody believe that Hyundai ever get the same advertising with that BoP thing? And who will BoP their road going cars? Hyundai is better than Alfa or Subaru? No way. They do not have something special, that was generated by these companies in real racing, not in "greenhouse" conditions.

As for WEC, it's impossible to force everybody to be the same. When people can not receive advantages through bright mind and hard working, then it looks like a certain regime. It looks like FIA are narrow minded communists.