View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3892171)   #6417
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
(Mind you, I don't think they really care as long as the lobbying manufacturers are happy)
The extent to which the ACO is acceding to manufacturer demands is a little demeaning, in my view. As they have themselves seen, manufacturers come and go. It's the races, Le Mans in particular, which endure.

The one area of factory involvement which is thriving is GTE. So let that be the manufacturer playground. Customer LMP1 and LMP2 racing can fill the prototype field (including prototypes built by big car makers and sold to customer teams if they want to do so).

That won't happen, of course, because ACO/FIA believe that their series has no value without major manufacturers in the top class.