Thread: IMSA 2021
View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2020, 01:53 (Ref:4023175)   #224
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well Porsche could make it interesting. Hidden in the Racer MP analysis article is this little tidbit.

"Zurlinden wouldn’t be drawn on this topic, but RACER understands Multimatic, the Canadian firm tasked with building Ford’s road and racing GTs, and building and running Mazda’s RT24-P DPis, is the top candidate use its next-generation LMP2 chassis as the basis for Audi and Porsche LMDh designs."

wonder if they can build enough for Porsche, Audi and Mazda. Or if Multimatic knows something we all fear and are looking for a new chassis project.

He also hints at the Porsche engine being the Action Express toy of the Cayenne V8, this time the TT V8. it makes 550 hp in street trim, adding 80 can't be even a challenge for them and will keep it an under-stressed engine for longevity.

Audi looks to be using the DTM 2.0 engine according to the article. Makes plenty of power but it is a sprint engine. I have no idea what the rules are though for engine life in DTM so maybe they will run fine.

Sounds like the budget has been set aside for 2 cars in each IMSA and WEC for Porsche and likely privateer car(s).

https://racer.com/2020/12/15/insight...totype-reboot/

Likely wrong but my dream is Porsche to model the chassis from the 911 RSR using their screaming engine. Same for Audi to use the R8 LMS as the basis of their LMDH. Love the sound of the Audi GT3 engine my favorite of the active GT3 cars today. Does this Audi DTM engine sounds like the R8 LMS?