View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2020, 22:04 (Ref:3952002)   #44
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Firstly, my apologies that I've done a fair bit of multi-quoting -have had a largely internet-free (!!!!) break so catching up.

Think of crystal ball thread re cars that aren't due to appear for a couple of years can be quite interesting and no doubt will move around a fair bit this year and next.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The startling lack of commentary on the part of the promoters seems to indicate they are still trying to work that out. That they do not appear to have a business plan or some sort of strategy to deal with what to others seemed to be obvious is nothing short of bizarre. How much are these people paid?
Well VASC has (in particular, the CEO) has mentioned a number of times that they're working on the plans for the 2022 and beyond car. From the various things that have been said, it seems to me that plenty is going on and when they have the plans finalised, we'll find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
Supercars days are very much numbered, they have painted themselves into a corner and there is no return from it - just look at how the TCR series is gaining fan momentum
People have been predicting Supercars days to be numbered, pretty much right from the start. This time you may be right Trevor, or maybe not. TCR after one season hasn't really "gained fan momentum" in a sense of causing Supercars days to be numbered but it could work as a series (so far so heavily subsidised it's hard to know) and time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Yep TCR it seems is growing as fast as VASC is declining and disappearing up its own orifice.
After one season of heavily subsidised competition, run at small crowd events, TCR has at least partially established itself, signs are good that it can work but when there was nothing before, "growth" can look awesome on startup - in my view we probably won't have a clearer picture of its strength (or not) until at least the end of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I think the lack of comment in this thread says it all, RIP Supercars?
What's there to comment on in any great way, given that what the Supercars racing vehicles will look like in 2 years time is as yet unknown? It's all hypothetical and given that this thread has existed for 7 days and could run for 2 years, a slow(ish) start is understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Funny old world isn't it? I love the Supercars series as the majority of saloon car racing in Europe is TCR now which leaves me cold. Yet the Aussies seem to be embracing it. Guess we all love what we don't have.
Can sometimes be the case Johno although I don't thing that Aussies (yet) are embracing TCR - much smaller crowds and all that. It's been a funny old world for some time where people outside of Oz have appreciated and loved Supercars much more than some inside Oz.