View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3723722)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I see … Well I think I see ! Your homologation form is 5704 then. If you put your Celica under its Group 1 form your ASN shouldn't refuse the HTP. This case is clearly identified in the appendix K, you can then ask officially the FIA some help or probably someone on the forum will help you directly.
Then, there are rules and then… there are rules. Always bear in mind that its up to any organiser to put any car in any category during its meeting.
Several options: or you have an HTP for a Group 1 and race it compliant on a Group 1,5 grid and you won't be competitive. Or you have it homologated in Group 2 and negotiate with each organiser to race with the others BTCC cars or Grp 1,5 whatever they are called. If you're lucky the BTCC form your car had in period is slightly less developed or equivalent to a Group 2.
It seems you have enough documents to bring clues of the modifications used legally in period during international meetings. Last year I drove my Capri under Group 1 form but had the surprise to be mixed with Grp 1,5. In this case you can do nothing but stay at home specially when the particular regulation says groupe 1 and affiliated… About this I would say its all my fault because I dont read carefully enough the different regulations.