View Single Post
Old 6 May 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2456531)   #24
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
So..... stay in A1GP where he's a proven fast driver and try and win "the double" next year, or go to a new F1 team where they are likely to pedal around at the back of the grid for at least a year.....
If I may wander slightly off-topic for a moment, the introduction of the £40m budget-cap in Formula One should greatly reduce the gap between front-runners and back-markers, so regardless of what car Carroll may be driving, I think that he would be capable of scoring points regularly - which is a solid aim for a debut season. There's no reason to say that Lola wouldn't be a race-winning outfit either, as F1 is becoming increasingly unpredictable... on paper, Ferrari is almost the worst team on the grid so far this season, and only three months ago you would have been scoffed at for suggesting that would be the case.

As an Irish motorsport enthusiast, I would love to see Team Ireland challenging for the A1GP championship again next season, and Adam Carroll is one of the best men for that job, without any doubt. Having said that, for the sake of his future career and the possibility of leaving his mark in Formula One, I feel that Carroll should "take the plunge" (if the opportunity presents itself) and race in F1 next season. It's an exciting prospect - an Irish driver racing for an Irish team in Formula One, while Team Ireland continue to be successful in A1GP and try to win back-to-back titles.