View Single Post
Old 23 Oct 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2779004)   #22
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
So you saying they could potentially be stronger in terms of hp? Wouldn't that be great? I don't see it happening. They'll be on par with LMP2 cars soon. Maybe not through the turns, but if they increase the tire size, and the power output i can't see there being too much of a difference. What do you think? If McLaren do enter competition with a customer car, I would say GTE is their best option. I just hope GTE does open up some. As you said JAG, without GT1 in LeMans any longer there's no reason to keep GT2 at what it is, at least in my mind.
Many of the top GTE cars already put out over 500bhp, only RSR quote anything like a genuine figure at 520bhp.

Aero and low weight will always overcome power but the ACO don't want GTE's re-passing P2's on the Le Mans straights, thats why top speed limiters are being introduced.

As you imply manufacturers will not want to race GTE versions of their cars that produce 150bhp less than the road car so limiters are the way forward.