View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3387220)   #47
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
This post may be in the wrong place, so feel free to remove it. Can't think of a better time or place to say this though.

I do feel there is an overwhelming negativity towards Grand Prix Motor Racing today, which is frustrating as I find the sport absolutely thrilling. We seem to focus far too much on the negatives, comments on social Media about there being F1 Fans and then Motor Sport Fans strike me as ridiculous. The constant desire to return to the past, I refuse to mix my words here, is pathetic. I am not on about any comments in this thread, I feel the race has been rated rather low but valid opinions have been more than given (sorry sound like a judge now)! Constant predictions of the death of the sport, whilst refusing to acknowledge the massive multi-million viewer audiance, the sponsors who continue to invest. I also find it frustrating when people refuse to understand why the sport is trying to adapt, with DRS and degrading tyres, to create the better racing every fan demands. We cant forget what we have leant, Formula Ford racing with no wings is terrific but face it, will never return to top level Motor Sport. We constantly lambast the rule makers who try and give us what we say want. A closer championship fight? Gauranteed? Double points is a logical solution. The sport, whether you agree or not it is by definition sport and therefore by definition entertainment. I enjoy all forms of Motor Racing, touring cars are utterly enthralling and the WEC is quality. But F1 is the defined pinnacle, not the best but the International represntative. If anyone kills this sport, it will be the fans becoming too demanding and expecting too much. Or the greedy so and so's at CVC.

The race:7. Some good battles and a few nice stories to follow as well.
I don't disagree. One thing I have been aware of is the old phrase "familiarity breeds contempt". The closer we feel to something the more we tend to be critical of it. The internet with its access to all pervading media has made every section of F1 accessible so we all aspire to make the way we want it.

One comment about the past.
While we may see it through rose tinted glasses, the F1 of past years, whether it be 10, 20, or 30 years was a far inspirational time for almost all of us. Today it has lost a lot of that 'inspirational order. Whether we are all more cynical or we have just been overfed by the media access, it isn't the sort of sport we remember from past experience.