View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2016, 15:56 (Ref:3684311)   #111
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighParker View Post
It's Ric Peterson (from Calgary), of Schmidt Peterson Motorsport, who has been trying to arrange for the city and Green-Savoree to have an IndyCar street race there.
The Vancouver race last happened in 2004, then Molson gave up on it because "the business model couldn't work", I think a year or two before they also got out of running the Toronto race and Champ Car purchased it.
I have not heard of anyone else trying to get an IndyCar race in Canada, other than maybe Mosport/CTMP if the contract for the Toronto race is not renewed after 2017.
I remember watching that race. Paul Tracy won it. Molson stopped sponsoring the Toronto race after 2006.

Things have moved on since 2004 and Champ Car and I think IndyCar should at least look investigate racing at Vancouver again.