View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3795216)   #13
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Having finally reached the benchmark age of 60 1½ years ago I find myself saying a similar comment in reply to a number of situations.
I'm glad that I'm this end of my career and not just starting is one of them.
I'm also starting to think the same about my (lifelong) interest in motorsport and especially F1. I've been a follower for most of my life, both on TV and actually at the circuits (home & abroad). With regard to F1, the past 2 - 3 years I've been able to spend even more time making sure I see as much of the qualifying and racing as possible, either live or on catch up using my own recorder using the excellent Channel 4 coverage. When the racing goes behind a paywall, my will to watch it will not be sufficient enough for me to follow & pay to watch. I may use forums such as this to follow what's happening, but then I may lose interest so much that I can't be bothered to do that anymore either.
I can't be alone in thinking like this, and surely, the less spectators the sport gets, the less benefit there is to the sponsors & manufacturers involved? This makes me believe that unless this situation is addressed, the whole thing will simply implode, and the huge financial system will just vanish down it's own (er?) plug hole.