View Single Post
Old 22 Mar 2018, 00:28 (Ref:3809759)   #27
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re NBN / Telstra I have both.... despite my wanting to decline (on advice from a friend in Telstra) when I got the call advising me the area was to be upgraded to NBN. I said thanks but no thanks to which they said I had no options and ADSL would no longer be available. Oh and our engineers will be at your premises in 2 weeks to do the installation.

Much activity in the street but no digging up of roads or driveway. Installation goes ahead and I am told it will take 24 hours to activate. Also not to switch anything on until I am told to. No landline no internet and no Foxtel signal. 24 hours became 3 days and still no word and no service. So I just decided to switch it on myself. It worked. For 5 days when I was sent an email to say I might have service interruptions because they had to do some upgrades. Indeed another 24 hours of no phone, 'net or Foxtel. Service resumed and I rang them to say I would like to take up my option to restore old system.... sorry not an option.

Now 6 months on I have and still get days of service interruption, although now it sometimes leaves me with Foxtel.

They did upgrade my plan for no charge to give me unlimited downloads. Yesterday I received an email to tell me I had been (no charge) upgraded to a faster evening time speed:
Quote:
we’ve upgraded your Telstra T-Bundle Connector Everyday internet speed from Standard Evening Speed (nbn tier 25) to Standard Plus Evening Speed (nbn tier 50), at no extra cost, for the life of your plan. Standard Plus Evening Speed provides typical minimum speeds of 40 Mbps between 7pm and 11pm.
I thought great. Yesterday afternoon (standard speed time) I did a speedtest. 24mbps. 8pm when my speeds were meant to have been increased I did another test. 19mbps! Under half of the expected and promised 40mbps, and slower than my standard day speed. No I was not downloading movies during my tests.

They call it progress.