View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2018, 18:59 (Ref:3792336)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Question for the Americans here (Broadrun and JHamilton especially seem to know their stuff!) - I know absolutely ZERO about pickup trucks, and in the UK they're relatively rare.

Why are pickups important in the US, and what features are considered the important ones? And why am I so skeptical over the Tesla pickup, despite supporting the electric car movement. Is that a viable option?

Genuine questions from someone who has never sat in a truck.
Our roads are wide and so are our asses, so we like big vehicles!

Seriously though, what began as something that was purely utilitarian for farmers to use for work all week and drive to church on Sunday, without having to own a second vehicle has morphed into what it is today. It was long Innovative process that was consumer driven where now many people use them as a passenger vehicle that can carry large toys, pull campers(Caravans) and other things while being extremely comfortable.

From a performance standpoint, they are absurd. From a comfort standpoint, they are absurd. It's really surprising how comfortable they are to ride in and how powerful and quick they are.

I've yet to get mine , but last year I did have to rent a 2016 F250 Super Duty Power Stroke turbo diesel. Outside of the difficult nature for the family to crawl up in it, it was awesome especially the 440 BHP and nearly 900 pound feet of torque that gets you 0 to 60 in less than 8 Seconds. That's with a family of 4 inside and in a vehicle thay weighs almost 7,000 lbs. Im 2nd gear when the turbo is spooled up, your head is planted into the headrest. It's crazy in something that large.

Most important features? Really depends on what you're going to use the truck for. But as you stated, J Hamilton and Broad Run can expand quite a bit for you. I've heard these to talk more about trucks and vehicles in Turn 4 at Road Atlanta then I almost care to so I've avoided this thread for a minute

Edit:
As for the Tesla truck? This is the first I've heard of it and I'm not sure how I feel completely about electric vehicles. However there's a growing market for them and there's a huge market for trucks in this country so it will probably work out.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 12 Jan 2018 at 19:12.