View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2018, 05:52 (Ref:3858775)   #28
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I live in Sydney and although I go to Albert Park and the 3 Bathurst meetings what's on at Eastern Creek is getting skinnier by the year.Not helped by not hosting a round of the Australian Superbike Championship which is the only bike series above club level these days.
For many years there were 2 Nationals rounds but now only one.The general decline in historic racing (shrinking fields due to classes not being updated by CAMS) has seen meetings like Tasman Revival and Retro Speedfest come and go.Rennsport looks like it is a thing of the past.Outside of Prodsports and Sports Sedans state level racing holds zero spectating interest for me and it is not meant to appeal to spectators outside friends and family anyway.I would prefer to sleep or even work than watch speedway or drag racing-not a criticism of them by the way.
Thank goodness for F1 and Moto GP on Foxtel although a couple more meetings worth attending at Eastern Creek wouldn't go astray.