View Single Post
Old 20 May 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3823656)   #30
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
So thankful to have such open minded people in the forum that can paint others into the corners they belong!

And the other gimmicks you quoted came well after your previously decline years so your timeline is all jacked up. You are using stages, introduced 2 years ago as a scapegoat for a decline in 2008.
First of all, I'm not using stages as a reason for the decline. I'm using it as an example of something that has been genuinely widely despised from the start, whereas the Chase was not.

That said, I am well aware that the gimmicks I note most people don't like came to be AFTER the Chase was implemented. That is, after all, my entire point; The Chase predates the decline by four years, but most of the most widely hated gimmicks do not.

When you push most people to be more detailed than "The Chase" in detailing what they don't like about NASCAR, they tend to not cite any issue with the idea Chase, but the numerous gimmicks that came along AFTER the Chase was implemented - though these gimmicks are oftentimes some of the changes to how Chase positions are earned, they are far from exclusive to the complaints. "Get rid of the Chase" is frequently used as shorthand for a bunch of smaller gimmicks that are sometimes, but not always, a change that was made to the Chase subsequent to it's implementation.