View Single Post
Old 21 May 2018, 02:39 (Ref:3823683)   #40
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on trying to stay on topic so rigidly, and apologize to you and all the others for steering us so far off course. Please elaborate and provide more valuable insight on how the looks of the cars will improve the series so.
Despite the obvious sarcasm, I'll nonetheless note that I did not, and have never said, that the looks of the car will improve the series. They're one aspect that can help attract some eyeballs, but I never make a big deal out of aesthetics alone.

Yes, even in THIS matter, where I have already and will in the future make some statements that seem to imply differently, it actually just happens to be a case where the technical changes I feel are needed(lower, wider cars most specifically) happens to line up with an aesthetic style that would be an added bonus.

To my immediate recollection there is only ONE case in the entirety of motorsports where I believe a purely aesthetic change is needed - and even then it's more due to the issues of the series' identity and marketability than the actual aesthetics of the cars in and of itself.