View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3939466)   #132
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-two View Post
Are you able to be more specific Mike? I like the meeting and think it's a good end the season - shame if there are problems
All those that attend, and many more that couldn’t make it this year, reckon it’s a good end to the season!

In a nutshell, sounds as if it’s not easy to forge a working relationship with the circuit boss(es)..... There's always been agro getting in on Wednesday eve, but to his credit, Diogo took control this year and we were allowed in at the appointed hour. Also, in previous years the circuit tried to turf everyone out Sunday eve, including truckers who legally couldn’t drive after having worked all day. Again, this year it was in the finals that competitors could stay until 0700 Monday.

One problem last weekend was a change to the carefully planned timetable. With shorter days in November, the organisers had a very tight schedule, only to be told on Friday that the circuit had arranged a road car session on Saturday off their own back, which had to be squeezed in.

There were also other issues mentioned, such as the way on track penalties were handled by the ‘stewards’, timing problems and no access to the VIP viewing tower for competitors, which has always been open to them before.

As I said in the previous post, it never feels the most welcoming circuit! Compare with Estoril- After Paul Ricard I drove there and parked up for a week. (Pre-arranged) Not even racing there. The staff I had contact with couldn’t have been more helpful and welcoming....