View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2019, 21:24 (Ref:3943759)   #1804
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
so basically a big deal will be made about it during the launch and winter testing but as soon as they get to Australia the Crown will file some sort law suit and there will be a modified/more subtle livery going forward.

big tobacco gets its publicity, the team gets much needed sponsorship money, and some fans will buy the 'cool' team kit before the kit is changed.

if im being honest i think this is as good compromise as we are ever going to get. cant pretend that cig companies dont have a long and important part to play in motor sports history and teams need the money.

and frankly in this day and age, if you want to smoke you do so fully knowing the health consequences then you probably should be allowed to (as long as there are no other humans around you[emoji23]) and the sport should be allowed to benefit from the proceeds of those choices.
How dare you bring logic and reasoning in to the argument. Don't you know kids are still stupid no matter how much we're told kids today are brilliant by their parents, and any advertising will convince kids to smoke, or vape. Except I remember as a kid doing usually the opposite of what I was told. But often the ban ads, product,etc people in the US are also the idiots that say road speed will decrease with decreased limits. The roads already average faster speeds than the limit, lowering the limit just means speeders are more over the limit, they won't slow. And tobacco won't go away, less common yes, away? Doubtful.