View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3881710)   #64
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
OK, joking apart, Iain’s pic. Over to him for the story....
I have teamed up with Tony Olissoff this trip he has the F3 Brabham . This is photo of his engine . We were just going off to collecting area and his throttle is sticking . We both have a look and I find the nut is missing from the far end of the Down draft Webber that holds throttle spring . I’m sure you all know Webber’s have there own thread pitch and any hope of us having a nut were non excistant . Brain wave and I had a couple of plastic number plate nuts . Wound this on and we just got to collecting area on time and both had a good race . Now checking cars over after the race preping for next and Tony calls me over . Have a close look at photo the nut is resting right next to rocker cover . So the nut came of on last race Saturday .Ended up there and stayed all through first race Sunday . Miricle or what .
Attached Thumbnails
BDF30554-57D1-41EE-8A5D-9F8598443692.jpg  

Last edited by Mike Bell; 3 Feb 2019 at 18:09. Reason: Better pic added