View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2019, 07:32 (Ref:3883452)   #72
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
How great would a 24H of Le Mans be with:

LMP = DPi & LMP1-Privateer / LMP2 + More HP
GT1 = Super GT500
GT2 = GT3

No Pro/Am classes - if you want to race in the greatest auto race on earth you don't need a crutch

I'd watch the crap out of that
You'd absolutely destroy most series by removing the Am class now. I 100% agree with what you're saying, but realistically, if you're asking wealthy people to prop up your series (which is basically what Am classes do), because you can't get enough professional entries, and teams cannot afford to run without the drivers paying, then you better make sure you cater to those people.

In principle, you're absolutely right. In reality, the amateur drivers fund about half of the modern sportscar grids. You have to pander to them to some extent.

I completely agree with what gert said. The private teams are going to be required to prop up the hypercar class - just like they were for LMP1, and they were ignored. So you absolutely should not be booting out your future customers for GTE-Pro cars because Porsche has found enough spare parts and factory drivers to enter another car.