View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3800888)   #24
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ruling engines by the number and per season is not easy, what is going to be sealed and how is it going to be policed, that is the answer. To my belief and I was behind the desk when that rule was introduced back in 2015 already, it is a matter of saying "there is control" rather than truly controlling the problem of engine development if I may say. As it turned out, some used more than 2 engines already back in 2015 and it has been going on ever since then I guess.

On REV limits, we will see what it brings, we are enforcing it in the FIA Sports Car Championship from this year and accross the whole scope of cars and engines with the responsibility being on the Competitor to police his throttle and us to verify he respects it. We will see how it goes but in Touring Cars, i believe it's a way forward. Some of the recent development have gone through the roof in terms of REVS and short engine life for the sake of horsepower, time to limit it and keep it period in a way...

On the Minis, I would not only look at dog boxes but also at gear ratios they are using... It goes beyond gear engagement, trust me...