View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2018, 23:29 (Ref:3836410)   #47
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I'm old enough to remember Senna, the real one not just the film character. Back in those days it was considered a positive that drivers were intimidated out of the way by the sight of his yellow helmet. He certainly was not vilified for his reputation preceding him like Hamilton is.
Fair point, but Hamilton's passes in Silverstone were effectively mobile chicanes such was the speed differential. Even if his opponents were intimidated by the halo-impeded shiny Lewis helmet, the passes wouldn't have been any easier than they were.

Entertaining show though.

Vettel got my vote, purely for his excellent start, and the outstanding move on Bottas. Reminded me of the move Rosberg pulled in Abu Dhabi. Literally won him the title. We'll only know at the end of the season of Seb's move was just as important.