View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3786596)   #116
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It's always McLaren's fault according to Honda. They need to buck up their ideas with STR or they'll look pretty ridiculous
Actually, that is not my impression (based upon published interviews). No dodging this point... Honda has clearly screwed up, and McLaren has publicly roasted them for this. However, when issues have been caused by McLaren, generally it has been talked about as "team" problems (team = McLaren + Honda with actual blame as to "who" being nebulous). So in short, Honda deserves most of the blame, but McLaren has generally avoided accepting ANY blame.

One interesting note, is that I read elsewhere that McLaren went against Honda's recommendations on cooling. In that to implement what Honda wanted, that it would compromise the aero too much. And that changes had to be made to the McLaren setup part way through the year. This might be "part" of the issue with the MGU-H (however most likely the vast majority are at due to Honda design problems). My point is that examples of McLaren being a cook for the nasty pie that was McLaren/Honda 2017 can be found!

It's mostly a moot point now. Hopefully someone will write a book about it all! I expect thing will be better with Torro Rosso, but I also feel Torro Rosso will have other issues to deal with. And that even a resurgent Honda is not going to change things much. I really hope I am wrong.

Richard