Thread: WEC BR1 Dallara LMP1
View Single Post
Old 12 May 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3821716)   #255
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not the biggest follower of modern Super GT, so how close is a GT500 car to a LMP1 in performance and specs? I know that the GT500 has to be significantly heavier and down a bit on power, but IMO it's a bit far fetched to call a carbon-tubbed car a GT car outside of like the McLaren F1 or Ford GT. Silhouette car maybe, but not a GT car like the pre-2009 cars which were modernized Group 5/IMSA GTX cars and still used a production car unitbody between the front and rear firewalls.

Also, any words of a contingency plan given the possible shortage of spare parts? Dallara should be able to make a couple of tubs by the LM test day, but a lot of damage was done at Spa.

And also, why has this forum recently been giving larger space between paragraphs/separated sentences? I've had to go back and edit posts to reduce those gaps over the past few days.