View Single Post
Old 13 Jan 2021, 15:35 (Ref:4028745)   #2571
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
The EU's Cross-Border Enforcement Directive no longer applies, French officials have said, so British-registered vehicles will no longer be sent fines for offences detected by roadside cameras.
Similarly, motorists with vehicles registered in the EU caught speeding in Britain will not be sent fines.

Mind you I have been stopped and fined beside the road in France and Spain, if you can't or wont pay they will confiscate your vehicle. A friend of mine got pulled over in Bulgaria after crossing a double white line when slowly driving past a broken down lorry on a hill. The cops were sitting watching for any "foreign" plated vehicles and stopping and fining them on the spot but funnily enough they seemed to let locals drive away ! I think the cops shared out the takings because they refused to give any receipts out !!!!
I have seen claims that the French had targeted UK drivers for speeding fines . And the total figures were something like £50 millions . Sounds a bit far fetched , but it might mean they will need to make up the loss of income by chasing GERARD for more money ??