View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2022, 06:41 (Ref:4122495)   #19
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
That's all fine, but there is no reason an Australian touring car can not or should not have a turbocharged six cylinder engine.

Yes Supra and Z (and BMW M4 and Audi RS5) could race with V8 engines, but I think it would be best if they raced with V6/I6 twin-turbos for the purposes of *variety* and staying true to the conventions of touring car racing. (Albeit the Supra could be running the Lexus LS500 engine, the actual Toyota V6 twin-turbo, rather than the BMW engine, or otherwise the Supra and M4 could both use the same BMW engine -- either way .)

Are you implying the new 4-cylinder hybrid Mercedes C63 AMG is not an improvement on the old V8 model?!
Can we please move on from this obsession with a production based formula?? You want to play production car racing, by all means feel free to do so. But when you're suppose to be the peak racing category in the country, being able to service and repair your race cars quickly between rounds, along with building them, you can't rely on a production vehicle. Did you ever see how much a team would butcher a shell from either Holden or Ford??
They keep talking about how Gen2 made it cheap and easier to repair, and now they claim the same with Gen 3. Emphasis on the cheaper and quicker part, plus we don't have production lines of cars to source parts from locally, so they would be at the mercy of the international shipping.

As for your 4-pot AMG, whatever, honestly couldn't give two s$$t's. I'm happy to watch anything with entertainment value, along with close racing and multiple lead changes. If I wanted to watch production car racing, I would get a chair and go sit out on the main road.

Is it Garry Rogers that says all you get from looking back is a sore neck??