View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2024, 19:19 (Ref:4193080)   #8
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A bit of the 'hopes' linked to another thread, but my personal preference differs to yours here (which is fine).
I totally appreciate that things are not 100% perfect, and to strive for that is false hope.
But, I would hope that F1 provides a platform where some of the solutions to the climate change problem can be explored and developed. There are many ways in which progress can be achieved as a side effect of another activity, and motorsport is one of those when it comes to delivery of power, motion and aero. By utilising the sport as a testing ground, why not see improvements that can be delivered in other disciplines appear on the F1 track?

Motorsport is also able to provide side benefits that have nothing to do with motoring. For example, some years ago, Williams engineering found something that now benefits the chilled shelves aisles in shops and supermarkets that reduced the amount of refrigerated air that escaped into the shops atmosphere. This had the effect of keeping chilled items at the correct temperature whilst lowering the costs of running the units efficiently.

I believe other teams, such as McLaren have also provided services to businesses that are not involved in the automotive field.