View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2015, 13:06 (Ref:3598358)   #32
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraint Owen View Post
Having heard nothing, I called the MSA today

After "discussions" with the FIA they now accept that they have to transfer papers from other ASNs..... BUT there is a catch. They are insisting an inspector comes out to put a new bar code on. And whilst they are with the car they will check that it is still in the spec as presented on the papers

I cant decide if this is simply another MSA con and they are actually just enabling themselves to charge for another inspection or whether a check that the car hasn't been mucked about with post paper issue is a good idea. I was told this could be done at a meeting if an inspector was there

Cant decide if I will bother or not
I would say that the MSA is right to impose such practice. Some countries don't ever inspect the car and are not bothered respecting the prescriptions that are made.

The result is cars being put together for pictures and once they have the barcode, they are just a completely different spec.

In a way, the MSA through its registrars is checking that the car still complies with the papers and that validates the transfer. The cost of that inspection is to cover the registrar expenses (knowing the MSA system).

Again, no system is perfect and cannot be but at least they didn't ask you to pay for a full set of papers...