View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3598441)   #39
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
To my mind the hot rod one is a prototype GTP?
the std car is a production based homologated GT?

The Question is, should a new build 'prototype' be allowed an HTP?

if it is, as are most new builds, then its merely down to organisers whether they allow certain cars or not . . . If only owners/presenters were honest about the origins of their steeds.
GT entered unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
Oh I well know the histories….Probably better than most, especially most FIA personnel.
The Redex trophy is actually questioned.. The EHM paul car is approved via a race in Aspern I believe!!

Now then….. The EHM Paul car was documented to have run with rear disc brakes!!!….Funny how the FIA want to cherry pic only certain parts of history….surely the idea of HTP is to demonstrate that a particular car ran in the olden days…back in the olden days specs changed on those cars on a weekly basis.. The FIA seem to want to draw a line in the sand but they are pretty hopeless in enforcing anything……

There seem to be lots of nice cars in the TVR world getting re-built into cars that only ran in a certain point in time….Seems like a futile exercise to me and such a shame. even more silly to consider that the version of the griff which existed in largest numbers in 64-66 wasn't even homologated!!!

Its purely down to greed and making money and the ability of the FIA to make lots of it to suit their own ends…

If cars were inspected and scrutineered on the basis of meeting the spirit of the regs then perhaps they would have more people racing and more inclusive racing…problem is the FIA wouldn't then be able to print money on the back of supposedly providing a service!!

i will stick to my little club racing exploits…The FIA can take a running jump!!

N.
We tend to be more and more documented here, with period originals mainly and a 1965 International Sporting Calendar issued for the 1965 season stands on my desk as Period F is the most questionnable period. However, the Brands Hatch event being registered as an International Event, then it's a fact, we are not talking about a National Event with Foreign Authorized Participation or whatever here.

We are also more than welcome to get your documentation and input if you have such period evidence, photos or whatever verified document about TVRs or any other car actually, I'm on here to follow what is happening and listen.