View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2015, 21:18 (Ref:3598459)   #43
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
Interested to see those calendar pics…wasn't the contentious issue that the actual race was only a national race allbeit held during an international event! Hence on that particular occasion the car wasn't held to be competing internationally..and hence the need for the further documented race at Aspern! Anyhow all academic now …The FIA will draw a line in the sand but vary it depending on the eb and flow of the tide and who complains when the more expensive cars get beat!!

just a shame I generally am looked down upon in my little car even though it contains the most parts which actually date back to the 60's

N.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightswitch View Post
Heres a good case in point….

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...fith-400-parts

https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/De...r-griffith-fia

Again. no one other than FIA to blame for this situation. the HTP was always a way of allowing a replica to be built to a historic specification..The problem is that it seems the specification is being honed down to finite levels in time rather than a broad interpretation of the spirit of the regs being followed…

Not too fussed. I am happy slumming it.. it would be nice to think that one day though I could race at a prestige event, even if I was last!!

N.
On the calendar, the whole Event was registered and that is how it worked in period, the whole thing was or wasn't but not just part of it as it is today.

And if you look at entry list the cars were all "homologated cars" as they had to comply to Period Appendix J...

For my 1965 calendar, here it is