View Single Post
Old 16 Jun 2000, 21:18 (Ref:17645)   #2
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CART Press release

CART Press Release 16 JUN 2000.

DETROIT -- Championship Auto Racing Teams Inc. announced Friday that Andrew H. Craig, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, has resigned his offices with the Company to pursue other business alternatives.
At the request of the Company's Board of Directors, Mr. Craig, who joined the Company in 1994, has agreed to remain as a consultant for the Company for a period of 12 months.

The Company also announced that three-time CART driving champion and Team Rahal owner Bobby Rahal will serve as the interim President and CEO pending selection of a new Chief Executive Officer.
The Company also announced that James F. Hardymon has been elected by the Board of Directors to the position of Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Hardymon was formerly the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Textron Inc.

Mr. Hardymon stated: "The Board of Directors wishes to thank Mr. Craig for his outstanding efforts in moving the Company forward during the last six years, including his significant role in the Company's initial public offering in 1998."

Mr. Craig stated: "I have enjoyed my six years at Championship Auto Racing Teams.
During this time, the Company has grown from a privately held company with revenues of approximately $25 million to a publicly held company almost three times the size. However, a motorsports sanctioning body is only as good as its race teams, and it is a great tribute to them that the Company has prospered over the years.
I now want to move in another direction, but I remain committed to assist the Board in a consulting capacity during the transition."