View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2000, 14:06 (Ref:17993)   #10
Regs
Rookie

Regs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here we go with the re-unification business again. I've heard about it elsewhere. I don't think TG is going to allow for any form of re-unification that doesn't conform to his vision and leaves him in control. IRL is nothing more than open wheel NASCAR where the beauty of CART's formula is that it has much more to offer. Why does "American" open wheel racing always have to prostrate itself at the altar of the Indy 500 as though this were its sole reason for existance? The 500 is a great race and a great event. And does make a good cornerstone. But it is not the end all be all of open wheel racing on this side of the Milky way. With all due respect to Rahaul, and I do respect him, if his mission is to simply try to bring CART together with IRL for the sake of the 500, then lets be sure to keep Bobby's tenure brief. I'd rather se them bring in someone who wants to be competitive, create a cohesive plan to restore the profile of the series, make some changes, convice Mercedes Benz that this series with worth sticking with. That, as a fan, is what I'd like to see.