View Single Post
Old 31 May 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3082838)   #477
MrC
Rookie

MrC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpearson View Post
HI rob hope u r ok .Still remember that damp day at Silverstone national when we finished first and second ,blew all the big cars away. I was told Ron Fields car had a Brizilian block if that makes sense. Corgi actually made a model of it . Think there is only one Andy Robey he won Supers and went into Fiestas on the TOCA package spent alot of money for no reward. Bought a focus for the one make series that never happened is back racing a bmw in nw saloons but car has been seen on ebay
Hi

I found this site while searching for history on my Hillman Avenger Tiger race car and what a great site it is

I currently own the ex-Ron Field Avenger Tiger which is currently waiting restoration. I can confirm that the engine is still the same 1600cc Griffin motorsport engine that Ron ran with. I also had involvement with the Corgi model which could have been better detailed as they used Tiger road car exactons instead of Ally Cats and a standard interior again from the road car model.

If anyone has any pictures or even better video footage of the Avenger Tiger pictured below, then please PM me.