View Single Post
Old 1 Feb 2017, 07:37 (Ref:3708300)   #56
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Ford is not responsible for that. CGR's team is. Everyone plays with the bop game. But I was surprised they won Le Mans. Not because speed was lacking but because it was their first year back and it went the distance.
CGR is responsible. But if Joest do something bad, it'd be called Audi. If ORECA did something whilst operating under the Toyota banner, it'd be Toyota. If Porsche drivers keep driving into everything, we say Porsche, not Core Autosport. CGR provide the operations for a Ford factory program, it's Ford. Especially given the funding and corporate backing the team has. And even then it doesn't matter - we're talking about racing and how various teams conduct themselves. I don't like how the Ford team conducts themselves. Whether or not you rename that to CGR, I still don't like it and the result is the same.

I don't know why anyone was surprised they won Le Mans. The BoP game means anyone new (or anyone with a new car) can play the game to the advantage (except when you mess it up, like BMW did). We already knew they were playing that game at Spa. And like other new teams, the car went through a ridiculous amount of testing, and had already competed at the Daytona 24 and Sebring 12 hour. I don't have a problem with any of that (apart from the BoP games), but I don't see why it was a surprise.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 1 Feb 2017 at 08:01.