Thread: BTCC Ash Sutton
View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2018, 18:32 (Ref:3846762)   #5
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Can't agree more. The lad has real talent, he showed it from day 1 in the MG. His ability to run competitively in FWD and RWD is a rare talent too. His ability to create overtaking opportunities is second to none, he's clean with it too - I can honestly say I've not witnessed the push to pass that many of his peers use.

Even given the exclusion at Knockhill I think he is in with a chance of this years title: I'd say it's Colin Turkingtons title to lose and Ash Suttons to win.

Will he be in BTCC next year? That I wonder, my gut says yes if Warren Scott has the financial ability and will to continue. I say this as loyalty is another Ash Sutton quality; I don't see him running for another BTCC team, but I could see him in WTCR, especially if BMR manage to enter that championship. As had been suggested before, he would sit well in Aussie Supercars, possibly a dabble as co-driver at Bathurst next year?