Thread: IMSA DPi Discussion
View Single Post
Old 25 Dec 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3872314)   #3363
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I don't think anyone really cares about the name of the cars, but I also think there's some people who are a little bit less impressed about the continued liberty of which some say "manufacturer involvement" in regards to the top class.
The only way "manufacturers" are involved really, is financially. And that's all that's needed.

FIA is a global organization sucking up money from all over. IMSA is a lot smaller and has a lot more budgetary constraints. So IMSA needs people to pay to play--and the gentleman drivers and privater teams can't support the cost.

NONE of modern racing is really what I wish it were ... but I either take what I can get and enjoy it as much as possible, or walk away.