View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2023, 12:46 (Ref:4187126)   #33
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting programme on ITV last night (viewable on ITVX - Tonight - Elderly drivers, putting the brake on ) on this topic. Tended to come down on the side of the need for 0ver-70s to have eyesight tests (which I can't argue against ) but concluded the likelihood of government action on anything like re-testing was unlikely. Insurance companies however see the elderly as rich pickings......as many of us know. Milady is 88 next month (I was her toyboy ) and has hardly driven for the last few years. I'm trying to get the courage to suggest we don't renew her insurance and get rid of her car when the insurance is next due.....it did less than 1500 miles between last MOT's, and most of that was with me driving.....