View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2020, 19:45 (Ref:4025437)   #3400
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well I'm back indoors and guess what ! the brake lights on my old Pug 406 estate have come back on !! This is totally ridiculous as all the fuses that are involved with the 3 lights I actually took out the other day so that I could use it.
Also if I turn the engine off with my foot on the brake pedal the engine continues to run until I release the pedal! This is a complete mystery and nothing on the internet is helping with a cure as people will just say the obvious things. I am now wondering if it is an ECU fault somehow but having pulled the fuses I can't see how it can. Studying the wiring loom on Autodata doesn't reveal anything either. It would appear that a feed that is live when the ignition is off is somehow connecting to the lights.
Bad earth on the brake lights....or the coil