View Single Post
Old 27 Feb 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4037331)   #141
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
The chase is bogus. As of a few yrs ago Nascar said the champion every year would have been the same w/o it. I don't think so. One year Harvick had a 295 pt lead going into the chase. Before the chase, he could have skipped a race and finished 25th in another and STILL had the points lead. Even a hothead like him drives a bit different with a big cushion.

For the record, I hate the front chicane at Daytona. Nascar claims the cars would be going 210 at the braking point for turn 1 w/o it. So what. Aren't they all supposed to be RACING drivers?

I attended the 24 '91-'95 and have watched nearly all available coverage for the last 20 years. I have observed 2 things: Rarely does an hour pass w/o a RACING driver blowing the bus stop. Rarely is there a restart w/o a RACING driver going too deep into turn 1.
They don't want their precious Cup cars be seen to be outpaced by GT4 cars. I wonder if anybody has estimated what the Cup cars lap times are at Daytona without the pit entrance chicane? Anybody know this?