View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3780548)   #5249
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
My point is that the situation makes DPi look more attractive than it actually seems to be when you really look at the bigger picture. Manfuacturers aren't tripping over themselves to join up, and the only active manufacturers were already running similar programs.

DPi is clearly not as widely attractive as it's being made out to be.
You keep talking about "made out to be". I'm not talking about what S365 says - I'm talking about actual manufacturers represented. DPi is the most popular right now.

Quote:
And no, DTM is not at a record low. AS it stands now it looks like Audi and BMW will stick around, which makes two manufacturers - The exact number that were active when the series relaunched in 2000 up until 2004, and which they had again from 2007 through 2013.
Lowest is 2. It's now at 2. That's a record.

Quote:
I've gone over this before, but many(NOT all - getting sick of people who claim I'm making a universal statement when I mention this) engineers actually like BoP because it provides them challenges with which to overcome(just look at the success and continued development of GT3 cars). But that's not the point here, so moving on.
GT3 is popular because it's a profit centre. Cars can be sold for a profit to customer and private entries. Series and classes don't become popular because engineers like a challenge.

[citation needed] for quite a lot.

If we're going the BoP route (which I'd rather not have), I see no valid reason to not use DPi. If we're not going the BoP route, then DPi doesn't really work.