View Single Post
Old 7 Apr 2018, 00:32 (Ref:3813438)   #1
Trikes
Rookie

Australia
Australia Hobart
Trikes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tyre Temp Management = GO!

Just discovered something with a Honda I've recently purchased. Along with the impressive Spec List of the car is a Orange brand Temp / PSI Gauge.

I run Time Attack and Hill Climbs.

Now in the H/C we rarely get to 'warm' the tyre's but in T/A we get an out lap then 3-5 Hot Laps where we go for a Time rather than directly race another Competitor. So in the H/C's I get to do tricky things like park the car so the sun 'warms' those tyre's a little then about 20 minutes before I go out I reverse the parking or park somewhere else and stay in the car so I'm alone for a while 'picturing' etc etc letting the sun do it's thing.

This yields a good head start on tyre static warmth before I head out.

No 'Blankets' allowed but a a couple of other(s) (two in particular) use black plastic wrap. I've found a definite Time advantage to using the 'Orange' on the Dash as it tells me when to go hard or hang on a bit. For TA I know when the tyre's hit (Front) 97 (80 rear) to start building to max speed. I'll finish with 102-104 fronts and 82-86 rears (FWD) but traffic can stuff my day. H/C Temps and PSI are always less - hence lots of sliding / drift style driving.

Anyone here using an 'Orange' too?

Last edited by Trikes; 7 Apr 2018 at 00:36. Reason: Grammar / Spelling