Thread: Worst crash...
View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2004, 21:00 (Ref:838426)   #29
tangoed sparky
Racer

England
DERBY
tangoed sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a scary moment at Donington with a TVR tuscan too. I was standing the wrong side of post 2 (redgate in) infront of the hospitality suites the qualifing had not long started and I said to my co marshal that this was not a good place to be and that we should tell the IO we would rather be the other side of the marshals post. As I finnished saying this a tuscan had just hit the brakes for redgate when his car sluded side ways toward use we legged it for cover and when turning around to look at the result of the incident there was a tuscan front end were I had be stood. No one was injured and when I spoke to the driver in the paddock at lunch time his reason for wrecking his car was that he was adjusting his brake balance and locked his rear wheels. We could not fine the spokes out of the front wheels. The formula renaults in the picture by Jenson earlyer in the thread were when the safty car had just come out the pit lane. I know because I was on the pit wall and help sort out the mess. I think there was afew slapped hands in race control that day.