View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2022, 10:00 (Ref:4118533)   #46
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In it's first season as an FIA series, the grids are larger than the first season of TCT in the UK.

Going forward, if a similar approach was adopted by TOCA then you could realistically expect the majority of the current grid to remain.
I think that's a fair assumption. Most of the current BTCC grid is made up of what I would call BTCC regulars ( be it teams or drivers, or both), so they would go with any changes made by TOCA. I would also expect that if TOCA are considering a major change to the series, they would also consult the teams about this first and use their feedback when shaping these changes.
I certainly wouldn't expect (even) Alan Gow to stand up in August and announce that "as of next season, the BTCC will be for all electric delivery vans" or something similar!