Thread: John Smith
View Single Post
Old 21 May 2019, 02:01 (Ref:3904996)   #13
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6.00 am this Monday morning I received a phone call from St Peter’s Hospital, Chertsey saying that John was not good. He had been in there since last Tuesday. I rushed over and the staff there did all they could to revive him but to no avail.

The tragedy is that when I saw him Sunday evening, he was feeling much better and looking forward to going home to his new flat in the next couple of days.

John as some of you may know moved to Whiteley Village in Hersham last month and was looking forward to a long and happy retirement in this wonderful place. When he first came to the village last July, he fell in love with the place and put his name down to come here. It is not easy to get in but they immediately liked him, who wouldn’t, and were looking forward to him taking part in some of the village activities such as the car club and his hobby photography with the camera club. One of the staff here is into drag racing and also knew dear Barry Sidery-Smith well, so John had lots to talk about with all his vast experience. Some of the less able bodied residents go around on mobility scooters and the staff here were thinking of reviving a race for them around the village again and were going to ask John to organise it. He found that highly amusing.

He was already getting to know some of the residents and leaving his old apartment in Lightwater where he was too isolated, made him exceedingly happy and the old John that we all love and respect was back again.

All the staff and residents who got to know him are very sad and shocked.

The sad part is that he only had a month in the village and it’s so cruel that this has happened to one of the sweetest men that I have ever met. I am going to miss John so much and it’s been a huge privilege to have been part of his life.

Rest in Peace sweetie and see you on the other side. 💕💕

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 21 May 2019 at 02:12.