View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3874422)   #21
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think there needs to be the right balance. Clearly there’s too much aero on the current cars. That needs to be reduced. But there also needs to be some challenge technologically

There is also far too much simulation and honing of the car before it has even turned a wheel at the track. I would ban all circuit to factory contact during the weekend and ban the use of simulators during the GP weekend, so their sim drivers are not trying endless set up changes for the team. Let's just get back to the driver and their race engineer finessing the car during free practice. I would also have a spec tyre for free practice only that is not used in the race so the teams don't collect tyre data and then simulate that before qualifying and the race. We need a few more variables IMO. I would even bring in a spec qualifying tyre to bring in a certain control factor into Q, this would also see the driver start the race on tyres that they have not run on before at the weekend at all.

Apologies for straying OT!