View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2018, 01:50 (Ref:3816439)   #33
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's going back a few years now so I have trouble really remembering, also because JB vs LH wasn't really the fight I was following, however I never really remember JB getting the better of LH at any time they were together. I know he scored a lot more points in 2011 and finished 2nd but yeah I can't remember LH struggling against him. I could be wrong though maybe he did. Was it 2012 when McLaren were having a lot of issues? I do remember LH would be fighting in the top 5, even the podium, while JB would be outside the top battling at the tail end of the mid pack. That must have been the early parts of 2012, but they sorted it by the last 1/3 of the season and JB was only 2 points behind in the end. Anyway my memory isn't qualified enough to comment haha.

Also wanted to point out that at Bahrain Lewis was faster than Bottas. Only 1 tenth separated them in quali, and despite Lewis started 9th was it, and gaining nothing at the start if I recall, he still finished only 6 sec behind Bottas. The gap was a lot bigger at one point, so Lewis was faster in the race.

Also, the area Vettel seemed to struggle against Ricciardo, was tyres. Dani was much better that year at getting the tyres to last while Seb would burn his up. Don't know why but there was never much written about the reason why Seb couldn't get them to last like Ricciardo could, which is weird because he's not the kind of driver to burn through tyres. He's better at it than Kimi in saving his tyres.