View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2018, 20:07 (Ref:3832730)   #1407
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Apropos of absolutely nothing that has gone before our local Co-Op store (the larger of the two in the village) has had a recycling section for glass, cardboard, clothes and whatever in a part of the car park next to the store's fenced off delivery area. Must have been there at least 25 years, possibly longer - perhaps 30 years.

This week I noticed that the recycling containers had all been removed and a rather posh wood and black frame sort of log cabin/portakabin office style building had appeared complete with steps/disabled access construction to access the door. The land is not entirely level there so the whole thing is raised above car park tarmac level.

Today I noticed one of those outside advertising poster stand things had been pplaced next to the steps.

If I read the poster correctly (at a distance and assuming it was something related to the new building) it was telling us what the construction was for.

The new location for the Co-Op Funeral Home.

So in effect the planning permission for the recycling area probably still applies ...

The world seems a little stranger to me every day.
Let's hope that the new venture is not sharing fridges with the Supermarket!

As for recycling, I think i am right in saying that replacement hips etc are made of titanium - after cremation the metal left is recovered and sent to Holland, I believe, to be recycled in to more replacement hips.