View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3914340)   #71
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Paddon posted on Facebook about it and was pretty disappointed. Apparently they had some dialog, with Paddon happy to get whatever time he could in the seat, even if it was just testing. Personally I feel sorry for him as he is one of my favourite motorsport profiles.
Paddon seems like a nice guy and I really don't know why Hyundai didn't put him in the car - he's running all sorts of Hyundais in his other commitments at the moment so he's clearly still 'in the family'. If they needed another driver I'd have thought he'd have been first choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Wilson wanted Tänak in M-Sport and with the Yaris not being completely reliable, I think there is a possibility he might leave. But yes, Meeke and Latvala haven't been too impressive so it is probably more reasonable that one of them gets cut.
It's a tricky one for Tanak - the Toyota looks to be the fastest car at the moment but it also seems the most fragile. Would the Fiesta be enough though? M-Sport hit the ground running with the new regs but how much development can they do compared with the manufacturer teams? The Fiesta looks to be dropping back in the pecking order so he'd be trading fast and fragile for slow and more reliable. I can't see Tanak leaving (I'd also imagine Toyota can pay considerably more than M-Sport). It'll be an interesting set of driver moves for next year (even more so if Ogier retires - as he always seems to be on the brink of doing).